PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD45R/B220
Clone RA3-6B2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Abelson Leukemia Virus-Induced pre-B tumor cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RA3-6B2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to an epitope on the extracellular domain of the transmembrane CD45 glycoprotein which is dependent upon the expression of exon A and specific carbohydrate residues. It is expressed on B lymphocytes at all stages from pro-B through mature and activated B cell, but it is decreased on plasma cells and a subset of memory B cells. The levels of CD45R expression on the B-cell lineage appear to be developmentally regulated. It is also reportedly found on the abnormal T cells involved in the lymphadenopathy of lpr/lpr and gld/gld mutant mice, on lytically active subsets of lymphokine-activated killer cells (NK cells and non-MHC-restricted CTL), on apoptotic T lymphocytes of mice injected with bacterial superantigen, on a population of NK-cell precursors in the bone marrow, and on B-lymphocyte, T-lymphocyte, and macrophage progenitors in fetal liver. The CD45R antigen has been reported not to be on hematopoietic stem cells, naive T lymphocytes, or MHC-restricted CTL. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family: Its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains, and the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), plus differing levels of glycosylation. The CD45 isoforms detected in the mouse are cell type-, maturation, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. CD45R is commonly used as a pan B-cell marker; however, CD19 expression, detectable by the rat anti-mouse CD19 antibody (clone 1D3), is reported to be more restricted to the B-cell lineage. The rat anti-mouse CD45R antibody (clone RA3-6B2) has been reported to enhance isotype switching during in vitro B-cell responses and to inhibit in vivo B-cell responses. Cross-reaction of the RA3-6B2 clone with activated human T lymphocytes has also been reportedly observed.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.