BV510 Rat Anti-Mouse CD138
Clone 281-2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name SYND1; Syndecan-1; syn-1; Sdc1; Sstn; synstatin
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen NAMRU mouse mammary gland epithelial cell line NMuMG
- Entrez Gene ID 20969
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 281-2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the core protein of CD138 (Syndecan-1), a cell-surface, integral membrane heparan sulfate- and chondroitin sulfate-containing proteoglycan that binds to interstitial extracellular matrix molecules. Syndecan-1 is predominantly expressed on epithelial cells, where its expression correlates with normal epithelial organization. It is also expressed on B lymphocytes at specific stages during their differentiation: precursor B cells in the bone marrow, and antibody-secreting cells including plasma cells (but not mature peripheral B cells). It is thus implicated in mediating B cell-matrix interactions. CD138 expression is also regulated during embryonic development, and the molecule shows a tissue- specific structural polymorphism resulting from different post-translational modifications. The 281-2 antibody may be used to detect the differently glycosylated forms, because it reacts with the core protein. Furthermore, the mAb detects the Syndecan-1 ectodomain which is cleaved from cell surfaces by a metalloproteinase.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.