APC Rat anti-Mouse CD138
Clone 281-2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name SYND1; Syndecan-1; syn-1; Sdc1; Sstn; synstatin
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen NAMRU mouse mammary gland epithelial cell line NMuMG
- Entrez Gene ID 20969
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 281-2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the core protein of CD138 (Syndecan-1), a cell-surface, integral membrane heparan sulfate- and chondroitin sulfate-containing proteoglycan that binds to interstitial extracellular matrix molecules. Syndecan-1 is predominantly expressed on epithelial cells, where its expression correlates with normal epithelial organization. It is also expressed on B lymphocytes at specific stages during their differentiation: precursor B cells in the bone marrow, and antibody-secreting cells including plasma cells (but not mature peripheral B cells). It is thus implicated in mediating B cell-matrix interactions. CD138 expression is also regulated during embryonic development, and the molecule shows a tissue- specific structural polymorphism resulting from different post-translational modifications. The 281-2 antibody may be used to detect the differently glycosylated forms, because it reacts with the core protein. Furthermore, the mAb detects the Syndecan-1 ectodomain which is cleaved from cell surfaces by a metalloproteinase.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.