APC Mouse anti-Mouse CD45.1
Clone A20 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly-5; Lyt4; CD45R; LCA; Ptprc; Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type C
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse A.SW IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen SJL mouse thymocytes and splenocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 19264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A20 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD45 (Leukocyte Common Antigen) on all leukocytes of mouse strains expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen (eg, RIII, SJL/J, STS/A, DA). This alloantigen was originally named Ly-5.2, but was later changed to Ly-5.1 to conform with the convention that the .2 alloantigen designates the C57BL/6 strain. mAb A20 has been reported not to react with leukocytes of most other mouse strains which express the CD45.2 alloantigen. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family; its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains while the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), and differing levels of glycosylation. CD45 isoforms in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. The A20 antibody has been reported to inhibit some responses of B cells (from mice expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen) to antigens and LPS.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.