V450 Mouse Anti-Human CD14
Clone MΦP9 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name LPS receptor; LPS-R; Myeloid cell-specific leucine-rich glycoprotein
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Monocytes
- Workshop No. I M35; II M67; III M337; IV M301
- Entrez Gene ID 929
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MΦP9 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD14. CD14 is a 53-55 kDa glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored and single chain glycoprotein expressed at high levels on monocytes. Additionally, this CD14-specific antibody reacts with interfollicular macrophages, reticular dendritic cells and some Langerhans cells. CD14 has been identified as a high affinity cell-surface receptor for complexes of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and serum LPS-binding protein, LPB. This antibody is suitable for staining acetone-fixed, frozen tissue sections.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.