APC Mouse Anti-Human CD20
Clone 2H7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name MS4A1; B1; Bp35; LEU-16; S7
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C57BL/6 IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human 6.16c1.3 B cell line
- Workshop No. II B22; III B739, NL382; IV B201
- Entrez Gene ID 931
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2H7 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD20, encoded by the MS4A1 (Membrane-spanning 4-domains, subfamily A, member 1) gene. CD20 is a 33-37 kDa, unglycosylated four-transmembrane phosphoprotein. CD20 is expressed on pre-B-cells, resting and activated B cells, and follicular dendritic cells, but not plasma cells. Low level CD20 expression is observed on a small subset of normal circulating T lymphocytes. The CD20 molecule is involved in the regulation of B-cell activation.
This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, but not monocytes nor granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that seen with normal human donor lymphocytes, namely bright staining on B lymphocytes and weak reactivity on a small subset of CD3-positive T lymphocytes.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.