PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD140A
Clone APA5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Pdgfra; Pdgfr2; PDGF-R alpha; Platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WF, also known as Wistar Furth IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse PDGF Receptor α chain
- Entrez Gene ID 18595
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The APA5 antibody monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD140a, the Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor alpha chain (PDGFR-a, PDGFR-α). CD140a is a receptor tyrosine kinase that is widely expressed on cells of mesenchymal origin in the embryo and adult. CD140a is expressed on several other cell types during embryonic development, but not on hematopoietic cells. CD140a binds to PDGF A and B chains, in contrast to PDGFR-b (CD140b) that binds only to the PDGF B chain. Biologically active PDGF is a disulphide-linked dimer, forming the AA, AB, and BB isoforms. Ligand binding to the PDGF Receptor induces the formation of receptor dimers (aa, ab, or bb), autophosphorylation, and internalization. The APA5 antibody has been demonstrated to block binding of PDGF-AA to PDGFR-a-expressing cells in vitro and to block some PDGF-mediated developmental events in vivo.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.