BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse CD140A
Clone APA5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Pdgfra; Pdgfr2; PDGF-R alpha; Platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WF, also known as Wistar Furth IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse PDGF Receptor α chain
- Entrez Gene ID 18595
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The APA5 antibody monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD140a, the Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor alpha chain (PDGFR-a, PDGFR-α). CD140a is a receptor tyrosine kinase that is widely expressed on cells of mesenchymal origin in the embryo and adult. CD140a is expressed on several other cell types during embryonic development, but not on hematopoietic cells. CD140a binds to PDGF A and B chains, in contrast to PDGFR-b (CD140b) that binds only to the PDGF B chain. Biologically active PDGF is a disulphide-linked dimer, forming the AA, AB, and BB isoforms. Ligand binding to the PDGF Receptor induces the formation of receptor dimers (aa, ab, or bb), autophosphorylation, and internalization. The APA5 antibody has been demonstrated to block binding of PDGF-AA to PDGFR-a-expressing cells in vitro and to block some PDGF-mediated developmental events in vivo.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.