PerCP-Cy™5.5 Rat Anti-Mouse CD117
Clone 2B8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name c-KIT; W; SCFR; Stem Cell Factor Receptor; Sl; Steel Factor Receptor; Ssm
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Bone Marrow Mast Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16590
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2B8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD117 (c-Kit), a transmembrane tyrosine-kinase receptor that is encoded by the Kit gene (formerly dominant white spotting, W). The c-Kit ligand (also known as steel factor, stem cell factor, and mast cell growth factor) encoded by the Kit1 gene (formerly steel, SI), is a co-mitogen for hematopoietic stem cells, myeloerythroid progenitors and a mast-cell differentiation factor. The KitW and Kit1SI mutant alleles have similar pleiotropic effects on the development of melanocytes, germ cells, and the hematopoietic system. In the adult bone marrow, CD117 is expressed on hematopoietic progenitor cells, including CD90 (Thy-1) low, TER-119-, CD45R/B220-, CD11b (Mac-1)-, Ly-6G (Gr-1)-, CD4-, CD8-, and Sca-1 (Ly-6A/E)+ multipotent hemotopoietic stem cells, progenitors committed to myeliod and/or erythroid lineages, and precursors of B and T lymphocytes. This widespread expression of CD117 in hematopoietic precursors is consistent with the participation of c-Kit and its ligand in the regulation of several hematopoietic lineages. Intrathymic expression of c-Kit and c-Kit ligand suggest that CD117 is also involved in the regulation of some events during the development of T lymphocytes. CD117 is also expressed by mast cells and by dendritic cells found in the periarteriolar lymphocytoc sheaths (T-cell areas) of splenic white pulp. The mAb 2B8 reportedly does not block the action of c-Kit. This clone 2B8 had been reported to cross-react with rat.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- This PerCP-conjugated product is sold under license to the following patent: US Patent No. 4,876,190.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.