PE Mouse Anti-Mouse CD45.1
Clone A20 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse A.SW IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen SJL mouse thymocytes and splenocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 19264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A20 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD45 (Leukocyte Common Antigen) on all leukocytes of mouse strains expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen (eg, RIII, SJL/J, STS/A, DA). This alloantigen was originally named Ly-5.2, but was later changed to Ly-5.1 to conform with the convention that the .2 alloantigen designates the C57BL/6 strain. mAb A20 has been reported not to react with leukocytes of most other mouse strains which express the CD45.2 alloantigen. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family; its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains while the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), and differing levels of glycosylation. CD45 isoforms in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. The A20 antibody has been reported to inhibit some responses of B cells (from mice expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen) to antigens and LPS.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.