BV605 Mouse Anti-Human CD326
Clone EBA-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name EPCAM; EGP; ESA; GA733-2; hEGP-2; KSA; M4S1; MIC18; MK-1; TACSTD1; TROP1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Breast carcinoma–associated mucin BCA-225
- Entrez Gene ID 4072
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The EBA-1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD326. CD326 is an approximately 40 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and adhesion molecule that mediates intercellular adhesive interactions. CD326 is also known as epithelial adhesion molecule (EpCAM), epithelial glycoprotein 2 (EGP-2), and epithelial surface antigen (ESA). The epithelial cells present in non-squamous epithelia and tumors derived from such cells show EpCAM expression. The normal epithelial cells reactive with anti-EpCAM antibodies are those present in the (lower) respiratory tract; the (lower) gastrointestinal tract; tubules in the kidney; the surface epithelium of the ovary; the exocrine and endocrine pancreas; secondary germ cells of telogenic hair follicles; and secretory tubules of sweat glands in the skin, whereas the epidermis is negative. In addition, all epithelial cells in the thyroid and epithelial cells in the thymus show EpCAM expression, while the outer cortex and Hassall's corpuscles have low expression. In the liver, only the bile ducts appear to be positive with anti-EpCAM antibodies. Non-squamous- carcinoma cells have high EpCAM expression; some squamous carcinoma cells. Tumors arising from non-epithelial cells, such as lymphoma, mesothelioma, neuroblastoma, and melanoma, do not express EpCAM.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon BV605 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max of 602-nm, BD Horizon BV605 can be excited by a violet laser and detected with a standard 610/20-nm filter set. BD Horizon BV605 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an Em max at 605-nm. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by the green (532 nm) and yellow-green (561 nm) lasers, there will be significant spillover into the PE and BD Horizon PE-CF594 detectors off the green or yellow-green lasers. BD Horizon BV605 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting brightness equivalent to PE conjugates and can be used as a third color off of the violet laser.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).
BV605 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an Em max at 602-nm. These conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting similar brightness to equivalent PE conjugates. Due to the excitation of acceptor dye by the green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers, there will be significant spillover into the PE and BD Horizon PE-CF594 detectors off the green or yellow-green lasers.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV605 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV605 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in the efficiency of the fluorochrome energy transfer, differences in the residual emission from BD Horizon™ BV421 may be observed. Therefore, we recommend that individual compensation controls be performed for every BD Horizon™ BV605 conjugate.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.