Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD90.2
Clone 53-2.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Thy-1.2; T25; Thymus cell antigen 1, theta
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymus / Spleen
- Entrez Gene ID 21838
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 53-2.1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD90.2 (Thy-1.2) alloantigen on thymocytes, most peripheral T lymphocytes, some intraepithelial T lymphocytes (IEL, DEC), epithelial cells, fibroblasts, neurons, hematopoietic stem cells, but not B lymphocytes, of most mouse strains. The 53-2.1 antibody has been reported not to crossreact with Thy-1.1 (e.g., AKR/J, PL), or with rat Thy-1. CD90 is a glycophosphatidylinositol-anchored membrane glycoprotein of the Ig superfamily that is involved in signal transduction. In addition, there is evidence that CD90 mediates adhesion of thymocytes to thymic stroma. The 53-2.1 antibody has been reported to block the binding of the Rat Anti-Mouse CD90.2 antibody (Clone 30-H12) to immobilized thymocyte membranes.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.