APC-H7 Rat anti-Mouse CD117
Clone 2B8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name c-KIT; W; SCFR; Stem Cell Factor Receptor; Sl; Steel Factor Receptor; Ssm
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Bone Marrow Mast Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16590
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2B8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD117 (c-Kit), a transmembrane tyrosine-kinase receptor that is encoded by the Kit gene (formerly dominant white spotting, W). The c-Kit ligand (also known as steel factor, stem cell factor, and mast cell growth factor) encoded by the Kit1 gene (formerly steel, SI), is a co-mitogen for hematopoietic stem cells, myeloerythroid progenitors and a mast-cell differentiation factor. The KitW and Kit1SI mutant alleles have similar pleiotropic effects on the development of melanocytes, germ cells, and the hematopoietic system. In the adult bone marrow, CD117 is expressed on hematopoietic progenitor cells, including CD90 (Thy-1) low, TER-119-, CD45R/B220-, CD11b (Mac-1)-, Ly-6G (Gr-1)-, CD4-, CD8-, and Sca-1 (Ly-6A/E)+ multipotent hemotopoietic stem cells, progenitors committed to myeliod and/or erythroid lineages, and precursors of B and T lymphocytes. This widespread expression of CD117 in hematopoietic precursors is consistent with the participation of c-Kit and its ligand in the regulation of several hematopoietic lineages. Intrathymic expression of c-Kit and c-Kit ligand suggest that CD117 is also involved in the regulation of some events during the development of T lymphocytes. CD117 is also expressed by mast cells and by dendritic cells found in the periarteriolar lymphocytoc sheaths (T-cell areas) of splenic white pulp. The mAb 2B8 reportedly does not block the action of c-Kit. This clone 2B8 had been reported to cross-react with rat.
APC-H7 is an APC-cyanine tandem fluorochrome, which uses an analog of Cy7 and has similar spectral properties to APC-Cy7. APC-H7 conjugates provide greater stability in light and paraformaldehyde fixatives and have less spillover into the APC channel than APC-Cy7 conjugates. APC-H7 conjugates are typically 75% as bright as equivalent APC-Cy7 conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC-Cy7 and APC-H7 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with APC-H7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and APC-H7 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- BD APC-H7 is a tandem conjugate and an analog of APC-Cy7 with the same spectral properties. It has decreased intensity but it is engineered for greater stability and less spillover in the APC channel and consequently offers better performance than APC-Cy7. It has an absorption maximum of approximately 650 nm. When excited by light from a red laser, the APC fluorochrome can transfer energy to the cyanine dye, which then emits at a longer wavelength. The resulting fluorescent emission maximum is approximately 767 nm. BD recommends that a 750-nm longpass filter be used along with a red-sensitive detector such as the Hamamatsu R3896 PMT. As with APC-Cy7 special filters are required when using APC-H7 in conjunction with APC. Note: Although our APC-H7 products demonstrate higher lot-to lot consistency than other APC tandem conjugate products, and every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in residual emission from APC, it is strongly recommended that every lot be tested for differences in the amount of compensation required and that individual compensation controls are run for each APC-H7 conjugate.
- Although BD APC-H7 is engineered to minimize spillover to the APC channel and is more stable and less affected by light, temperature, and formaldehyde-based fixatives, compared to other APC-cyanine tandem dyes, it is still good practice to minimize as much as possible, any light, temperature and fixative exposure when working with all fluorescent conjugates.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.