Alexa Fluor® 700 Mouse Anti-Mouse CD45.1
Clone A20 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly-5; Lyt4; CD45R; LCA; Ptprc; Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type C
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse A.SW IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen SJL mouse thymocytes and splenocytes
- Entrez Gene ID 19264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A20 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD45 (Leukocyte Common Antigen) on all leukocytes of mouse strains expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen (eg, RIII, SJL/J, STS/A, DA). This alloantigen was originally named Ly-5.2, but was later changed to Ly-5.1 to conform with the convention that the .2 alloantigen designates the C57BL/6 strain. mAb A20 has been reported not to react with leukocytes of most other mouse strains which express the CD45.2 alloantigen. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family; its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains while the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), and differing levels of glycosylation. CD45 isoforms in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. The A20 antibody has been reported to inhibit some responses of B cells (from mice expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen) to antigens and LPS.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.