Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD117
Clone YB5.B8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name KIT; c-Kit; SCFR; PBT; Mast/stem cell growth factor receptor
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Acute myelocytic leukemia blasts
- Workshop No. V C009
- Entrez Gene ID 3815
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The YB5.B8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD117, which is also known as c-Kit, or Stem cell factor Receptor (SCFR). CD117 is a ~145 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein with tyrosine kinase activity. CD117 is present on hematopoietic progenitor cell subsets, thymocytes, mast cells, hepatocytes and histiocytes. CD117 serves as a cytokine receptor for steel factor (SLF), also known as stem cell factor (SCF), or mast cell growth factor (MGF). The interaction of CD117 and SLF is crucial to hematopoiesis, mast cell differentiation, melanogenesis, and germ cell development. The ability of the YB5.B8 antibody to block the binding of c-Kit ligand is still controversial.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.