PE-CF594 Mouse Anti-Human CD16
Clone 3G8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name FcRIII; Fc-gamma RIII; FCG3; FCGR3; FCGRIII; FcγRIII; IGFR3
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c x DBA/2, also known as CD2F1 or CDF1 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Cynomolgus, Baboon, Rhesus (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human polymorphonuclear leukocytes
- Workshop No. IV N409; V MR5, NK80
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3G8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 50-65 kDa transmembrane form of the IgG Fc Receptor (FcγRIII), a human NK cell-associated antigen. CD16 is expressed on NK cells as well as macrophages and granulocytes. Reports indicate that CD16 plays a role in signal transduction and NK cell activation. The 3G8 antibody blocks the binding of soluble immune complexes to granulocytes. The 3G8 antibody is reported (Vossebeld et al., 1997) to increase intracellular calcium levels in human neutrophils by interacting with both FcγRIIa and FcγRIIIb molecules. This antibody has also been reported to induce homotypic neutrophil aggregation.
This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes and monocytes, but not granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomologus macaque monkeys. Multi-color analysis reveals that the distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that found in human studies with the majority of CD16-positive lymphocytes being both CD3 and CD20 negative.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ PE-CF594, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to PE-Texas Red. PE-CF594 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to PE-Texas Red yet exhibits improved brightness and spectral characteristics. Due to PE having maximal absorption peaks at 496 nm and 564 nm, PE-CF594 can be excited by the blue (488-nm), green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers and can be detected with the same filter set as PE-Texas Red (eg 610/20-nm filter).
- Format PE-CF594
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 612 nm
BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 is a tandem conjugate, developed exclusively by BD Biosciences, that combines PE and CF594. PE-CF594 is a brighter alternative to PE-Texas Red®, with improved spectral characteristics. PE-CF594 reagents exhibit very consistent spillover values lot to lot, making them an ideal choice for the PE-Texas Red® detector (610/20 nm).
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-CF594 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using multi-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and CF™594.
- When excited by the yellow-green (561-nm) laser, the fluorescence may be brighter than when excited by the blue (488-nm) laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications owned or licensed by Biotium, Inc. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: email@example.com.
- Texas Red is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Optimal results are obtained by staining cells and maintaining stained cells at ~4°C before flow cytometric analysis.