Pacific Blue™ Mouse Anti-Human CD16
Clone 3G8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name FcRIII; Fc-gamma RIII; FCG3; FCGR3; FCGRIII; FcγRIII; IGFR3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c x DBA/2, also known as CD2F1 or CDF1 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human polymorphonuclear leukocytes
- Workshop No. IV N409; V MR5, NK80
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3G8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 50-65 kDa transmembrane form of the IgG Fc Receptor (FcγRIII), a human NK cell-associated antigen. CD16 is expressed on NK cells as well as macrophages and granulocytes. Reports indicate that CD16 plays a role in signal transduction and NK cell activation. The 3G8 antibody blocks the binding of soluble immune complexes to granulocytes. The 3G8 antibody is reported (Vossebeld et al., 1997) to increase intracellular calcium levels in human neutrophils by interacting with both FcγRIIa and FcγRIIIb molecules. This antibody has also been reported to induce homotypic neutrophil aggregation.
This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes and monocytes, but not granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomologus macaque monkeys. Multi-color analysis reveals that the distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that found in human studies with the majority of CD16-positive lymphocytes being both CD3 and CD20 negative.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.