BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD90
Clone 5E10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name THY1; Thy-1 antigen; Thy-1 membrane glycoprotein
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon, Pig, Dog (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human HEL Cell Line
- Workshop No. V M07, BP222; VI BP28, E046
- Entrez Gene ID 7070
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 5E10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD90 which is also known as Thy-1. CD90 is a 25-35 kDa glycophosphatidylinositol-anchored membrane glycoprotein of the Ig superfamily that is expressed on 1-4% of human fetal liver cells, cord blood cells, and bone marrow cells. The anti-CD90 antibody binds to a subset of immature CD34+ cells and a distinct subset of mature CD34- cells that are CD3+CD4+. The CD90+CD34+ population is highly enriched for cells capable of long-term culture. The anti-CD90 antibody is useful for enriching high proliferative potential colony-forming cells (HIPP-CFC) that are primative progenitor cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- mTESR™1 is a trademark of StemCell Technologies.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.