Pacific Blue™ Mouse anti-p38 MAPK (pT180/pY182)
Clone 36/p38 (pT180/pY182) (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name MAPK14; p38 MAP kinase; p38 MAPK; RK; CSBP2
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse, Rat (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phosphorylated Human p38 MAPK (pT180/pY182) Peptide
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Activation of the immune and inflammatory responses often involves the recognition of bacterial endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide or LPS). Binding of LPS by monocytes results in the production and release of proinflammatory cytokines, such as IL-1 and TNF. LPS-induced signaling cascades involve members of the Ser/Thr protein kinase family known as the Mitogen Activated Protein Kinases (MAPKs). MAPK signal transduction pathways mediate the effects of various extracellular stimuli on biological processes such as proliferation, differentiation, and death. The p38 MAPKs include p38α (MAPK14), β (MAPK11), γ (MAPK12), and δ (MAPK13). These Ser/Thr kinases are activated by dual phosphorylation on threonine (T) and tyrosine (Y) within the motif Thr-Gly-Tyr located in kinase subdomain VIII. Activation of p38 MAPK is mediated specifically by the MAP Kinase Kinases, MKK3, MKK4, and MKK6. This leads to the activation of multiple transcription factors (NF-κB, ATF-2, Elk-1, and CHOP) that induce expression of many different genes, including proinflammatory cytokine genes. Thus, p38 MAPKs are central kinases in multiple signal transduction pathways.
The 36/p38 (pT180/pY182) monoclonal antibody recognizes the conserved dual phosphorylated site pT180/pY182 of p38α, β, γ, and δ.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- All other brands are trademarks of their respective owners.
This antibody conjugate is suitable for intracellular staining of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (using BD Cytofix™ Fixation Buffer). Any of the three BD Phosflow™ permeabilization buffers may be used.