APC Rat IgG1, κ Isotype Control
Clone R3-34 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry, Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse immunoglobulin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Following immunization of a rat with mouse immunoglobulin (Ig), the Ig from the R3-34 hybridoma was identified as a non-reactive clone. The R3-34 immunoglobulin was selected as an Ig isotype control following screening for low background staining on a variety of mouse and human cells and tissues.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining for Intracellular Cytokines: The APC-R3-34 immunoglobulin (Cat. No. 554686) is a suitable rat IgG1, κ isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-permeabilized mouse or human cells for flow cytometric analysis. Use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest. For specific methodology, please visit our website, www.bdbiosciences.com and go to the protocols section or the see Chapter 4: Immunofluorescent Staining of Intracellular Molecules for Flow Cytometric Analysis. Techniques for Immune Function Analysis Application Handbook 1st Edition. The intracellular cytokine staining technique and use of blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe.