FITC Anti-Mouse IgG2a
Clone R19-15 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Pooled BALB/c and C57BL/6 mouse Ig
- Entrez Gene ID 380793
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R19-15 antibody recognizes an epitope in the CH3 domain of mouse IgG2a, with strong reactivity to the Igh-I[a] allotype and weaker reactivity to Igh-I[b]. It does not react with other Ig isotypes. Molecular genetic analyses suggest that the Igh-I[b] allele, which encodes IgG2a[b], is derived from a locus found in several wild mouse subspecies, but not domestic mice, which encodes the IgG2c isotype.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
R19-15 antibody is effective for detection of cell-surface or intracellular Ig by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. FITC-conjugated R19-15 mAb may be used as a primary or secondary reagent in immunofluorescent staining.