Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD68
Clone Y1/82A (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen PHA-stimulated Human PBMC
- Workshop No. IV M149; VI MR23
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Y1/82A monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD68 which is also known as, Scavenger receptor class D member 1 (SCARD1), Macrosialin, or GP110. CD68 is a cell surface 110 kDa-type I-transmembrane glycoprotein that is primarily expressed in cytoplasmic granules of monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes, myeloid progenitor cells and, reportedly, a subset of CD34-positive hemopoietic bone marrow progenitor cells. CD68 belongs to the sialomucin family and serves as a scavenger receptor that can bind and internalize oxidized low density lipoproteins (LDL). This antibody is useful in studies of myeloid cell development and function.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
We recommend the use of Cytofix/Cytoperm (Cat. No. 554714) for the cells fixation and permeabilization, and then do the intracellular staining.