PE Rat IgG1, κ Isotype Control
Clone R3-34 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
Flow cytometry, Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Mouse immunoglobulin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Following immunization of a rat with mouse immunoglobulin (Ig), the Ig from the R3-34 hybridoma was identified as a non-reactive clone. The R3-34 immunoglobulin was selected as an Ig isotype control following screening for low background staining on a variety of mouse and human cells and tissues.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining for Intracellular Cytokines: The PE-R3-34 immunoglobulin is a suitable rat IgG1 isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-permeabilized mouse or human cells for flow cytometric analysis. This 100 Test Size formulation of the PE-conjugated R3-34 antibody has been pre-titrated to assure effective results as an Ig isotype control for our Test Sized PE-conjugated Rat IgG1 antibodies using 20µl/1 x 10^6 cells. The intracellular cytokine staining techinque and use of blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe. For specific methodology, please visit the protocols section or chapter on intracellular staining in the Immune Function Handbook, both of which are posted on our web site, www.bdbiosciences.com.
Important Note: This pre-titered antibody solution does not contain a cell permeabilization agent. It is necessary to include a cell permeabilization agent when using the pre-titered antibody solution to stain fixed and permeabilized cells. BD Perm/Wash™ Buffer (Cat. No. 554723) contains the permeabilization agent saponin and is useful for this purpose as described in the Usage section below.
1. Resuspend 1 x 10^6 fixed and permeabilized cells in 20 µl of the pre-titered antibody solution and 30 µl of 1 x BD Perm/Wash™ Buffer (Cat. No. 554723).
2. Incubate the cell suspension for 15 minutes (at RT or 4°C).
3. Wash twice in 100 µl of 1 x BD Perm/Wash Buffer (Cat. No. 554723).