PE Mouse Anti-Human TNF
Clone MAb11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Tumor necrosis factor alpha; TNF-a; TNF-α; TNFSF2; Cachectin
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human TNF
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MAb11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human tumor necrosis factor (TNF, also known as TNF-α) protein. TNF is an efficient juxtacrine, paracrine and endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions. It regulates the growth and differentiation of a variety of cell types. TNF is cytotoxic for transformed cells when in conjunction with IFN-γ. It is secreted by activated monocytes/macrophages and other cells such as B cells, T cells and fibroblasts. The immunogen used to generate the MAb11 hybridoma was recombinant human TNF. The MAb11 antibody has been reported to crossreact with Rhesus Macaque TNF.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.