PE Mouse Anti-Human NCAM-1 (CD56)
Clone R19-760 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name N-CAM-1, Neural cell adhesion molecule 1; NKH1; MSK39; Leu-19
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Human NCAM1 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 4684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R19-760 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to NCAM-1 (Neural cell adhesion molecule 1) that is also known as CD56 and NKH1. NCAM-1 is a heavily glycosylated transmembrane protein and a member of the Ig supergene family. NCAM-1 represents an isoform of the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM). In the hematopoietic system, it is present on approximately 10% to 25% of peripheral blood lymphocytes. It is expressed on natural killer (NK) cells and a subset of T cells, NKT cells. It is not expressed on myeloid cells, erythrocytes or B cells. This molecule appears to function as an adhesion molecule and can serve as a panspecific NK-cell marker. The R19-760 antibody recognizes an epitope in the NCAM-1 (CD56) extracellular domain that resists destruction due to cellular fixation with BD Phosflow™ Lyse/Fix Buffer and permeabilization with BD Phosflow™ Perm Buffer III.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
The R19-760 antibody may be used for both intracellular and cell-surface flow cytometric applications. For intracellular flow cytometry, various fixatives and permeabilization buffers are suggested (see Suggested Companion Products).