Pacific Blue™ Mouse anti-Stat5 (pY694)
Clone 47/Stat5(pY694) (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name Signal transducer and activator of transcription 5; MGF; MPF
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse, Rat, Chimpanzee, Sheep (Predicted)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phosphorylated Human Phosphorylated Stat5 Peptide
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Stat (Signal transducer and activators of transcription) proteins mediate the biological activity of cytokines, including interleukins, interferons, erythropoietin, and growth factors. Ligand-receptor interaction activates constitutively-associated JAK family kinases and subsequent recruitment/activation of Stat proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation. Active Stat proteins then move to the nucleus to promote transcription of cytokine-inducible genes. Seven Stat proteins have been cloned, each of which is differentially expressed and/or activated in a cytokine-specific and cell type-specific manner. Stat5 has been characterized and shown to be encoded by two separate genes, Stat5a and Stat5b, which share over 90% identity at the amino acid level. Stat5a has been shown to be involved in lactogenesis and mammary development, while Stat5b has been shown to be involved in growth hormone signaling and liver gene expression. Both Stat5a and Stat5b are involved in IL-2 induced peripheral T cell proliferation. The peptide hormone, prolactin, binds to the prolactin receptor (PRLR) to initiate the lactogenic response. There are at least three forms of PRLR; however, only the long form activates the 92-kDa Stat5 protein by inducing phosphorylation at Y694. Once phosphorylated, Stat5 becomes an essential transcription factor which binds to the β-casein gene promoter. The presence of an SH2 domain within Stat5 suggests that it may directly interact with protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs) such as JAK2.
The 47 monoclonal antibody recognizes the phosphorylated Y694 of Stat5a. The homologous phosphorylation site in Stat5b is Y699.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
This antibody conjugate is suitable for intracellular staining of human whole blood (using BD Phosflow™ Lyse/Fix Buffer) and peripheral blood mononuclear cells and cell lines (using BD Cytofix™ Fixation Buffer).