BV786 Mouse Anti-Ki-67
Clone B56 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name MKI67; Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki-67; KIA
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development) Rat, Rhesus (Reported)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Ki-67
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B56 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the Ki-67 antigen that is expressed in the nucleus of cycling cells (G1, S, G2, M cell cycle phases). During the G0 phase, the antigen cannot be detected. During interphase of the cell cycle, it is associated with nucleolar components, and it is on the surface of the chromosomes during M phase. Ki-67 is a large protein having 2 alternatively spliced isoforms, an N-terminal forkhead-associated domain, a C-terminal domain that binds to heterochromatin proteins, and multiple phosphorylation sites, the functions of which are still unclear. Because of the strict association of Ki-67 expression with cell proliferation, anti-Ki-67 antibodies are useful for the identification, quantification, and monitoring of growing cell populations.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV786 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 786-nm. BD Horizon BV786 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™7-like dyes (eg, 780/60-nm filter).
BV786 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 786 nm. BV786 offers a bright choice for the 6th detector off the violet laser.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV786 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV786 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 786 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).