PE-Cy™7 Mouse Anti-Human CD19
Clone SJ25C1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NALM1 + NALM16 cells
- Workshop No. II L17; III 073
- Entrez Gene ID 930
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The SJ25C1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD19, a B lymphocyte-lineage differentiation antigen. CD19, a 90-kDa transmembrance glycoprotein, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is expressed throughout B-lymphocyte development from the pro-B cell through the mature B-cell stages. Terminally differentiated plasma cells do not express CD19. On the surface of mature B cells, the CD19 molecule associates with CD21 (CR-2) and CD81 (TAPA-1), and this multimolecular complex synergizes with surface immunoglobulin to promote cellular activation. Studies with CD19-deficient mice have suggested that the level of CD19 expression affects the generation and maturation of B cells in the bone marrow and periphery. B-1 lineage B cells, also known as CD5+ B cells, are drastically reduced or absent in CD19-deficient mice. Increased levels of CD19 expression correlate with increased frequencies of peritonal and splenic B-1 cells and reduced numbers of conventional B lymphocytes in the periphery. CD19 participates in B-lymphocyte development, B-cell activation, maturation of memory B cells and regulation of tolerance. CD19 has also been detected on peritoneal mast cells, co-localized with CD21/CD35, and it is proposed to play a role in complement-mediated mast-cell activation.
- Format PE-Cy™7
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 785 nm
PE-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines PE and a cyanine dye. PE-Cy7 conjugated reagents are as bright as PE conjugates. PE-Cy7 is particularly sensitive to photo-induced degradation, resulting in loss of fluorescence and changes in fluorescence spillover. Extreme caution must be taken to avoid light exposure and prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde fixative. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy7 were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- PE-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of R-phycoerythrin (PE), which is excited by 488-nm light and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces maximally at 780 nm. PE-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher. Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in the efficiency of the fluorochrome energy transfer, differences in the residual emission from PE may be observed. Therefore, we recommend that individual compensation controls be performed for every PE-Cy7 conjugate. PE-Cy7 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light, and there is no significant overlap between PE-Cy7 and FITC emission spectra. When using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and Cy7, we recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.