Alexa Fluor® 700 Mouse anti-Human CD34
Clone 581 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name gp105-120; My10; Hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen CD34
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V MA27, VI E004
- Entrez Gene ID 947
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 581 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD34, a sialomucin-like type I transmembrane glycoprotein. This single-chain, 105-120 kDa, heavily O-glycosylated protein is expressed on hematopoietic progenitor cells, vascular endothelium, bone marrow stromal cells and embryonic fibroblasts. The cytoplasmic region of the CD34 antigen is a target for phosphorylation by activated protein kinase C suggesting CD34 may play a role in signal transduction. CD34 may also play a role as an adhesion molecule since it binds to CD62E and CD62L. Clone 581 binds to the class III CD34 epitope, it is resistant to neuraminidase, chymopapain and glycoprotease. The 581 antibody blocks reactivity of another anti-CD34 monoclonal antibody, 8G12.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.