V450 Rat anti-Mouse CD86
Clone GL1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name B7-2; Ly-58; Cd28l2; Early T-cell costimulatory molecule 1; ETC1; MB7; CLS1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse (CBA/Ca) LPS-activated splenic B Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 12524
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The GL1 antibody specifically recognizes the B7-2 (CD86) costimulatory molecule expressed on a broad spectrum of leukocytes, including B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, thioglycollate-induced peritoneal macrophages, dendritic cells and astrocytes. CD86 is expressed at low levels by freshly explanted peripheral B and T cells, and its expression is substantially increased by a variety of T cell- and B cell-specific stimuli with a peak expression after 18-42 hours of culture. In contrast to most naive CD4+ T cells, memory CD4+ T cells express B7-2, both at the mRNA and protein level. CD86, a ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4), is one of the accessory molecules that plays an important role in T cell-B cell costimulatory interactions. It has been shown to be involved in immunoglobulin class-switching and triggering of mouse NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD80 (B7-1) is an alternate ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). GL1 antibody reportedly blocks MLR and stimulation of T cells by natural antigen-presenting cells. In addition, a mixture of anti-B7-1 and anti B7-2 (GL1) mAbs reportedly inhibits the in vitro interaction of CTLA-4 with its ligand and the in vivo priming of cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.