Purified NA/LE Hamster Anti-Mouse CD80
Clone 16-10A1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd80; B7; B7-1; Cd28l; Ly-53; MIC17; TSA1
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Dog (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunoprecipitation, Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Blocking (Reported)
- Immunogen Mouse CD80 (B7) Transfected Cell Line
- Entrez Gene ID 12519
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 16-10A1 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD80 (B7-1). This member of the Ig superfamily, like CD86 (B7-2), can bind to either CD28 or CD152 (CTLA-4) and provide either costimulatory or coinhibitory signals to T cells, respectively. CD80 is constitutively expressed on dendritic cells, monocytes, and peritoneal macrophages as well as by activated B cells and T cells. The 16-10A1 antibody blocks binding of CTLA-4 Ig to CD80 as well as T-cell activation by Con A-elicited peritoneal exudate cells or CD80-transfected cell lines. However, the 16-10A1 antibody alone is not able to block T-cell activation by antigen-presenting cells. The 16-10A1 antibody may reportedly block the binding of another CD80-specific antibody, clone 1G10. In addition, the 16-10A1 antibody may crossreact with an activation antigen expressed on IFN-γ-activated alveolar macrophages of the dog.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Flow Cytometry: For flow cytometry of leukocytes, it is recommended that Mouse BD Fc Block™ (Cat. No. 553141) be used. When using Mouse BD Fc Block™ (clone 2.4G2), it is important that the second-step anti-hamster IgG antibody does not cross-react with the 2.4G2 mAb (rat IgG2b, κ); we have found that the anti-hamster IgG cocktail (Cat. No. 554010) to be effective. Since this antigen is expressed at low density, it may be desirable to amplify staining by using a biotinylated second-step reagent followed by a "bright" third-step reagent, such as PE streptavidin (Cat. No. 554061).