PE Rat Anti-Mouse Siglec-F
Clone E50-2440 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Siglec-F and human IgG Fc recombinant fusion protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The E50-2440 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes Siglec-F. Siglecs are the sialic acid-binding immunoglobulin superfamily lectins defined in the human, each of which has a distinctive expression pattern in the hematopoietic system and at least some of which are known to mediate cell-cell interactions. Orthologous proteins of human Siglec-1 (Sialoadhesin or CD169), Siglec-2 (CD22), and Siglec-4 (myelin-associated glycoprotein) have been characterized in the mouse. Human Siglec-3 (CD33) and Siglecs-5 through -10 are encoded by a cluster of closely related genes, and each has two cytoplasmic ITIM (Immunoreceptor Tyrosine-based Inhibitory Motifs). Similarly, mouse Siglec-F is encoded by the Siglecf gene in a syntenic cluster in the mouse, and the protein has sialic acid-binding activity and an intracytoplasmic ITIM. Its expression pattern differs from those of the human Siglec-3-related proteins in that it is found on immature cells of the myelomonocytic lineage, with reduced expression on mature neutrophils and monocytes, and not on lymphoid cells. It has been proposed that mAb E50-2440 may be used for identification of immature myelomonocytic cells in the mouse.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Mouse Fc Block™ (purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2, Cat. No. 553141/553142) may help to reduce non-specific binding to cells bearing Fcγ receptors.