PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD93 (Early B Lineage)
Clone AA4.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Aa4; Cd93; C1qRp; C1qr1; Ly-68; Ly68; C1q/MBL/SPA receptor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Pre-B lymphoma 70Z/3, derived from (C57BL/6 x DBA/2)F1 mouse
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The AA4.1 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the Early B Lineage antigen which is also known as CD93, AA4 antigen, Ly-68, and Complement component C1q receptor (C1qRp). This 130-140-kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein is expressed on immature B lymphocytes in the adult bone marrow and on hematopoietic progenitors and stem cells in adult bone marrow, fetal liver, and embryonic yolk sac. Although CD93+ cells are most plentiful in adult mouse bone marrow, a smaller number of CD93+ cells which express lower CD93 levels can be detected in the adult spleen using bright fluorescent conjugates of the AA4.1 antibody or an amplified indirect immunofluorescent staining procedure. It has been observed that the staining pattern of the 493 monoclonal antibody is similar to that of the AA4.1 antibody, in that both antibodies precipitate molecules of the same molecular weight. Staining with the AA4.1 antibody is not blocked by the 493 antibody. These results suggest that the antibodies recognize separate epitopes on the same Early B Lineage antigen.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For detection of the Early B Lineage antigen in the spleen, we recommend amplification of the staining signal through the use of Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD93 (Early B Lineage) (Cat. No. 550434), followed by a "bright" second-step reagent, such as Streptavidin-PE (Cat. No. 554061).