PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD40
Clone 3/23 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse CD40 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 21939
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3/23 clone monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD40, a 40-50 kDa glycoprotein expressed on B lymphocytes and other antigen-presenting cells. CD40 has been reported to be transiently expressed on activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells and in some mouse strains, the 3/23 mAb has been reported to react with 5-10% of T lymphocytes in adult mouse, but not neonatal, spleen. CD40 plays a key role in B-cell growth and differentiation where interactions of CD40 with its ligand, CD154, are involved in the initiation, effector, and memory stages of cell-mediated immune responses. In addition, CD40 has been reported to be involved with the triggering of NK cells and NK-T cells. Ligation of CD40 with the 3/23 antibody has been reported to induce splenic B cells to express the costimulatory molecule CD86 (B7-2). In addition, although the 3/23 antibody by itself is a weak B-cell mitogen, it has been reported to synergize markedly with mitogenic anti-IgM, anti-IgD mAb or IL-4 to promote B-cell proliferation.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
This product has been reported to be compatible with intracellular staining protocols using the BD Cytofix/Cytoperm™ Kit (Cat. No. 554714).