BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse CD62L
Clone MEL-14 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Sell; L-selectin; LECAM-1; LAM-1; Lnhr; Ly-22; Ly-m22; Lyam-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen C3H/eb mouse B lymphoma 38C-13
- Entrez Gene ID 20343
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MEL-14 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD62L (L-selectin), a 95 kDa (on neutrophils) or 74 kDa (on lymphocytes) receptor with lectin-like and Epidermal Growth Factor-like domains. In the mouse, L-selectin is detected on most thymocytes, with the highest levels of expression on an immunocompetent subset and a population of dividing progenitor cells, and on peripheral leukocytes, including subsets of B and T lymphocytes, neutrophils, monocytes, and eosinophils. This member of the selectin adhesion molecule family appears to be required for lymphocyte homing to peripheral lymph nodes and to contribute to neutrophil emigration at inflammatory sites. L-selectin is rapidly shed from lymphocytes and neutrophils upon cellular activation; metalloproteinases may mediate the release of CD62L ectodomains from the cell surface. The level of CD62L expression, along with other markers, distinguishes naive, effector, and memory T cells. L-selectin binds to sialytaed oligosaccharide determinants on high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral lymph nodes. In vitro studies have demonstrated that CD34, GlyCAM-1, and MAdCAM-1, all recognized by mAb MECA-79 (anti-mouse PNAd Carbohydrate Epitope, Cat. No. 553863), may be ligands for CD62L. MEL-14 mAb blocks in vitro binding of lymphocytes to peripheral lymph node HEV and inhibits in vivo lymphocyte extravasation into peripheral lymph nodes and late stages of leukocyte rolling.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.