Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD123
Clone 5B11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il3ra; IL-3RA; IL-3R-alpha; IL-3 Receptor alpha; IL-3 Receptor α; SUT-1
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-3R transfected CTLL cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 5B11 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes mouse CD123, the α chain subunit (IL-3Rα) of the mouse IL-3 receptor. The IL-3Rα chain is a 60-70 kD transmembrane glycoprotein that binds IL-3 with low affinity but cannot transduce signals by itself. The mouse IL-3Rα chain can complex with either of two homologous β chain subunits (βc and βIL-3) to form high-affinity heterodimeric IL-3 receptors. The βc chain is the common β chain subunit that can complex with the α subunits of the mouse IL-3R, IL-5R and GM-CSFR to form high-affinity receptors. The βIL-3 subunit can form high affinity IL-3 receptor complexes with only the IL-3Rα subunit. The βIL-3 subunit clone is specific for mouse IL-3 and binds with low affinity. The immunogen used to generate the 5B11 hybridoma was CTLL cells transfected with the mouse IL-3R alpha chain. The 5B11 antibody does not block the binding of IL-3 protein to the high affinity IL-3 receptor heterodimer.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.