PE Mouse Anti-Human CD180
Clone G28-8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name RP105; Lymphocyte antigen 64; LY64; Bgp95
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VII 70499
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The G28-8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes RP105/Bgp95, a 95-105 kDa type I membrane protein consisting of extracellular leucine-rich repeats and a short cytoplasmic domain. It is expressed on mantle zone B cells, but weakly on germinal center B cells. RP105/Bgp95 is also expressed on peripheral blood monocytes, dendritic cells, and a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes. The extracellular domain associates with a molecule called MD-1 to form a cell surface receptor complex RP105/Bgp95/MD- 1. This receptor belongs to the family of toll-like receptors (TLR). Studies show that RP105/Bgp95/MD-1, working in concert with TLR4, controls B cell recognition and signaling of lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Reports on functional studies show that G28-8 monoclonal antibody can induce a G0 to G1 cell cycle transition and was synergistic with PMA, anti-µ, or anti-CD40 in inducing proliferation of resting B cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.