PE-Cy™7 Mouse Anti-Human CD80
Clone L307.4 (also known as L307) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name B7.1; B7-1; Activation B7-1 antigen; B7; BB1; CD28LG; CD28LG1; LAB7; L307
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H, also known as C3H/He, C3H/Bi IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human B7-transfected L cells
- Workshop No. V B7.5
- Entrez Gene ID 941
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The L307 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to B7/BB1, a 60 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that was clustered as CD80 in the Fifth International Workshop on Human Leukocyte Differentiation Antigens. CD80, a member of the Ig supergene family, is expressed on activated B cells, T cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells. It is the ligand for two molecules expressed on T cells, CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). CD80 is also expressed on activated CD4-positive and CD8-positive T cells, appearing late after activation suggesting that activated T cells may be capable of autocrine costimulation via the CD28 activation pathway. The binding of CD28 by anti-CD28 or by CD80 results in T-cell activation and a signal for IL-2 production.
- Format PE-Cy™7
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 785 nm
PE-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines PE and a cyanine dye. PE-Cy7 conjugated reagents are as bright as PE conjugates. PE-Cy7 is particularly sensitive to photo-induced degradation, resulting in loss of fluorescence and changes in fluorescence spillover. Extreme caution must be taken to avoid light exposure and prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde fixative. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy7 were removed.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- PE-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of R-phycoerythrin (PE), which is excited by 488-nm light and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces maximally at 780 nm. PE-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher. Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in the efficiency of the fluorochrome energy transfer, differences in the residual emission from PE may be observed. Therefore, we recommend that individual compensation controls be performed for every PE-Cy7 conjugate. PE-Cy7 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light, and there is no significant overlap between PE-Cy7 and FITC emission spectra. When using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and Cy7, we recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.