APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human IFN-γ
Clone B27 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IFNG; Interferon-gamma; Interferon-γ; Type II interferon; MAF
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IFN-γ Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B27 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human interferon-γ (IFN-γ), a 14-18 kDa glycoprotein containing 143 amino acid residues. IFN-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine produced by several activated cell types including NK, NKT, CD4+TCRαβ+, CD8+TCRαβ+, and TCRγδ+ T cells. IFN-γ exerts its biological effects through specific binding to the high-affinity IFN-γ receptor complex comprised of IFN-γRα (CD119) and IFN-γRβ subunits. In addition to its antiviral effects, IFN-γ upregulates a number of lymphoid cell functions including the antimicrobial and anti-tumor responses of macrophages, NK cells, and neutrophils. In addition, IFN-γ influences the regulation of proliferation, differentiation, and effector responses of B cell and T cell subsets. These influences can involve IFN-γ's capacity to boost MHC class I and II expression by antigen-presenting cells as well as direct effects on B cells and T cells themselves. B27 is a neutralizing antibody. The use of B27 antibody for epitope mapping of human IFN-γ has been described. The B27 antibody has been reported not to bind to denatured IFN-γ.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.