Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse Ig, κ Light Chain
Clone 187.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Mouse IgG2b κ secreted by MPC-11 plasmacytoma
- Entrez Gene ID 16071
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 187.1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to kappa light chains of mouse immunoglobulins. The 187.1 antibody does not react with mouse λ1 or λ2 immunoglobulin lights chains or mouse immunoglobulin heavy chains.
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
ELISA: This antibody has been tested by ELISA (2 µg/ml). For the sandwich mouse IgG1, G2a, G2b, G3, IgM, IgA, and IgE ELISA, biotin-conjugated mAb 187.1 (cocktailed with biotin-conjugated anti-mouse Ig λ1, λ2, and λ3 light chain, R26-46 mAb, Cat. No. 553433) is optimal for detection with anti-mouse Ig isotype specific mAbs (A85-3, Cat. No. 553445; R19-15, Cat. No. 553387; R12-3, Cat. No. 553392; R2-38, Cat. No. 553404; II/41, Cat. No. 553435; C10-1, Cat. No. 556960; C10-3, Cat. No. 556969; R35-72, Cat. No. 553413) for capture, respectively.
Immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometry: Biotinylated 187.1 mAb may be used as a primary or secondary reagent in immunofluorescent staining. For flow cytometric detection of intracytoplasmic Ig, κ light chain we recommend FITC-conjugated mAb 187.1 (Cat. No. 550003).