BD FACSLyric™ Research System
The power to transform
The BD FACSLyric flow cytometry solution combines simplicity, speed and automation to ease workflow and improve productivity. This next-generation flow cytometer enables standardization and collaboration through consistent results and unique assay portability capabilities.
Built on a foundation of excellence, experience and expertise, the BD FACSLyric is a new diagnostic standard for clinical cell analysis, transforming the way your lab does flow cytometry. As with all BD instruments, the BD FACSLyric is backed by 40 years of BD expert training, service and support— so there’s no limit to your potential.
Just the FACS
- 2 lasers—blue and red—and 6 fluorescence channels (IVD assays)
- Up to 3 lasers—blue, red and violet—and 10 fluorescence channels (User-defined assays)
- 35,000 events per second maximum acquisition rate; no limit on number of events acquired
- Automated single-tube QC with BD™ CS&T beads
- Fluorescence compensation required only every 60 days
- 30- or 40-tube autoloader-flexibility with BD FACS™ Universal Loader
Modular and upgradeable to grow along with your changing lab needs.
- Up to 12 parameters.
- 4, 6, 8 or 10 ideally distributed colors across 3 lasers in order to minimize spectral spillover, resulting in higher sensitivity.
- On-site upgrade at any time.
Hover over the orange prompts to view key features. Additional information is available in our technical specifications.
A single sample, no matter how rare, can show an essential difference.
Multicolor analysis provides more answers from a single tube and decreases cost by reducing the number of tubes and reagents required to reach a diagnosis.
Runs at rates up to 35,000 events per second, sample carryover ≤ 0.05%.
- Acquires a large number of events rapidly; useful for rare populations.
- There is no limit on events acquired.
Outstanding resolution at all flow rates.
- Enables faster detection without compromising quality. (Figure 1)
Improvement in stain index of 8-190% across all parameters.
- Better separation enables faster analysis and easier gating. (Figure 2)
- Higher sensitivity makes dim and rare populations easier to resolve. (Figure 3)
A single lab, no matter how remote, can partner in driving a new diagnostic standard.
Reproducibility between instruments and assay portability drives collaboration and standardization
Standardization across multiple instruments is now possible.
- The variability of the MFI across six BD FACSLyric™ instruments is <8%.
- These values for biological measurements prove unprecedented standardization.
|Median Fluorescence Intensity|
Table 1: MFI across six BD FACSLyric instruments.
The CVs of the fluorescence intensity across all nine parameters varies by less than 8%. These values for biological measurements prove unprecedented standardization.
Collaboration is simple through a unique BD feature enabling assay portability and sharing.
- Easily share user-defined templates via email or USB with collaborators within your lab or around the world.
- Assay portability simplifies and shortens the time to validate multiple instruments within your lab.
BD FACSLyric™ System Testimonials
See what customers are saying about the BD FACSLyric™, our next generation flow cytometry solution that enables standardization and collaboration through consistent results and unique assay portability capabilities.
|“The BD FACSLyric is a system for everyday work that every technician can use.”
—Dr. Dennis Hoffman, Labor Wisplinghoff, Cologne, Germany
|“The flow crossmatch market may be one of the smallest, but standardization has the potential to have one of the greatest clinical impacts. It’s the little things that make a big difference in healthcare.”
—Dr. Robert Bray, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
|“BD is positioned with BD™ CS&T and BD™ FC bead technology to enable instrument standardization simply from day to day, instrument to instrument, and lab to lab. Reference control based instrument standardization is the most important “next step” for clinical flow cytometry."
—Dr. Lili Wang, NIST, Gaithersburg, MD
|“The consistency and the regulatory compliance of FACSLyric’s output is what really drew us to the platform. It is currently unmatched by other flow cytometers in its ability to generate reliable, repeatable results across tests and instruments – even for the most complex assays we deal with day to day. We’ve found it particularly beneficial for multi-parameter testing for CAR T cells and immunophenotyping in immune-oncology for non-clinical and clinical analysis.”
—Dr. Arno Kromminga, Chief Scientific Officer, BioAgilytix Europe
- Expression of Immune Checkpoint Receptors on Peripheral Blood Immune Cells Using a 10-Color Assay on the BD FACSLyric™ Flow Cytometer
- Simplified Workflow Using Automated Instrument Setup and Compensation on the BD FACSLyric™Flow Cytometer
Product Information Sheets
- Understanding Treg heterogeneity using the 12-color FACSLyric™ flow cytometer
- US FDA 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic Records; Electronic Signatures) Support
Quick Reference Guide
Class 1 Laser Product.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
The BD FACSLyric™ flow cytometer is for In Vitro Diagnostic Use with BD FACSuite™ Clinical software for up to 6 colors.
The BD FACSLyric™ flow cytometer is for Research Use Only with BD FACSuite™ software for up to 12 colors.
The 12-color BD FACSLyric™ flow cytometer is for Research Use Only.
Cy™ is a trademark of GE Healthcare. Cy™ dyes are subject to proprietary rights of GE Healthcare and Carnegie Mellon University, and are made and sold under license from GE Healthcare only for research and in vitro diagnostic use. Any other use requires a commercial sublicense from GE Healthcare, 800 Centennial Avenue, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1327, USA.
*Offer subject to change. Valid for US customers only. This offer is not valid for distributor or third-party orders and cannot be combined with any other offers. Discount is nontransferable and cannot be combined with other offers. Offer valid for a limited time only.