Surface Staining of Human Red Blood Cells
- Add 1 µl whole blood into each sample tube containing 100 µl staining buffer (PBS with 1%FBS, 0.09% sodium azide).
- Add 20 µl of properly diluted antibody or isotype control to the sample tubes. Mix gently.
- Incubate at room temperature (RT) for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with 2 ml of staining buffer at 200 x g for 5 minutes.
- Aspirate the supernatant.
- For purified and biotin conjugate: add 50 µl of diluted secondary reagent, incubate at RT for 15-20 minutes. For direct conjugates proceed to step 8.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4.
- Add 0.5 ml of staining buffer to each tube.
- Proceed to flow cytometric analysis.
Data Acquisition Note: Setting FSC and SSC detectors to log mode provides better resolution compared to linear mode.