BB515 Rat Anti-Mouse CD93 (Early B Lineage)
Clone AA4.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Aa4; Cd93; C1qRp; C1qr1; Ly-68; Ly68; C1q/MBL/SPA receptor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Pre-B lymphoma 70Z/3, derived from (C57BL/6 x DBA/2)F1 mouse
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The AA4.1 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the Early B Lineage antigen which is also known as CD93, AA4 antigen, Ly-68, and Complement component C1q receptor (C1qRp). This 130-140-kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein is expressed on immature B lymphocytes in the adult bone marrow and on hematopoietic progenitors and stem cells in adult bone marrow, fetal liver, and embryonic yolk sac. Although CD93+ cells are most plentiful in adult mouse bone marrow, a smaller number of CD93+ cells which express lower CD93 levels can be detected in the adult spleen using bright fluorescent conjugates of the AA4.1 antibody or an amplified indirect immunofluorescent staining procedure. It has been observed that the staining pattern of the 493 monoclonal antibody is similar to that of the AA4.1 antibody, in that both antibodies precipitate molecules of the same molecular weight. Staining with the AA4.1 antibody is not blocked by the 493 antibody. These results suggest that the antibodies recognize separate epitopes on the same Early B Lineage antigen.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (eg, 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.