V450 Mouse Anti-Human CD41a
Clone HIP8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name ITGA2B; Integrin alpha-2b (αIIb); Platelet glycoprotein IIb (GPIIb)
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified platelet membrane glycoproteins
- Workshop No. IV P38
- Entrez Gene ID 3674
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIP8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the α-chain of CD41. CD41 is also known as Integrin αIIb or Platelet GPIIb. The calcium-dependent complex of CD41 and CD61 (β3 integrin or GPIIIa) is normally expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes. The CD41/CD61 complex is the receptor for fibrinogen, fibronectin and von Willebrand factor, and mediates platelet adhesion and aggregation. CD41 (clone HIP8) completely inhibits ADP-, epinephrine-, and collagen-induced platelet activation, and partially inhibits ristocetin- and thrombin-induced platelet activation. This antibody is useful in the morphological and physiological studies of platelets and megakaryocytes.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.