FITC Mouse Anti-human CD106
Clone 51-10C9 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name VCAM-1; Vascular cell adhesion protein 1; INCAM-100; L1CAM
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human VCAM-1 Recombinant Protein
- Workshop No. V E112
- Entrez Gene ID 7412
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 51-10C9 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD106. CD106 is a 100-110 kDa type I transmembrane sialoglycoprotrein that is also known as Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) and INCAM-110. CD106 is expressed at high levels on the surface of cytokine-stimulated endothelium, and at minimal levels on unstimulated endothelium. VCAM-1 serves as a ligand for the leukocyte integrins α4β1 (CD49d/CD29 complex; VLA-4) and α4β7 (LPAM-1). The 51-10C9 monoclonal antibody inhibits the in vitro binding of lymphocytes and monocytes to VCAM-1 on stimulated endothelium.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.