PAXgene® Blood RNA Tube
(16x100 mm / 2.5 mL)
- Tube Material Plastic
- Tube Size 16x100 mm
- Draw Volume 2.5 mL
- Closure Type BD Hemogard™
- Closure Color Red
- Label Paper
- Cell Separator No
- Additive 6.9 mL of Proprietary RNA stabilization additive
- Sterilization Radiation , 10-6 SAL , ISO11137-1
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The PAXgene® Blood RNA Tube is intended for immediate stabilization of intracellular RNA, thereby yielding accurate and reproducible gene expression data. It is part of the PAXgene Blood RNA System that integrates the key steps of whole blood collection, intracellular RNA stabilization, and RNA purification.
The PAXgene Blood RNA Tube contains a proprietary reagent for stabilization of intracellular RNA immediately upon collection. Intracellular RNA is stabilized for up to three days at room temperature or five days at 2-8°C. PAXgene Tubes can be frozen at temperatures of -20°C to -70°C for long-term storage.
The PAXgene Blood RNA System is the first IVD marketed product for the collection, storage, and transportation of blood and stabilization of intracellular RNA in a closed tube with subsequent isolation and purification of intracellular RNA from whole blood for RT-PCR used in molecular diagnostic testing. Performance characteristics for the PAXgene Blood RNA System have been established with FOS and IL1B gene transcripts.
- Guenther et al. Performance Evaluation Study of the PAXgene Blood RNA System with Regulatory Compliance, AMP, 2005.
- Guenther et al. In Situ Stability of RNA in Blood Samples Stored at –20°C and –70°C in PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes; ISBER, 2009.
- Guenther et al. Automated, Low Throughput RNA Purification for Whole Blood using the PAXgene Blood RNA System, CHI Genomic Sample Prep, 2009.
- Guenther et al. Development and Optimization of a Protocol for Automated RNA Purification using the PAXgene Blood RNA System, AACR, 2007.
- Guenther and McCluskey. Maintaining the Stability and Integrity of RNA from Whole Blood Samples, CLI, 2008.
Preparation and Storage
Store the unused PAXgene Blood RNA Tubes at 18−25˚C. Limited excursion temperatures up to 40˚C are permitted.