Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD274
Clone MIH5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name B7-H1, PD-L1; PD1L1; Programmed death ligand 1
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2a, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen DBA/2 mouse lymphoma L5178Y transfected with Pdcd1lg1 cDNA
- Entrez Gene ID 60533
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD274, also known as B7-H1 or PDL1, a 43-kDa glycoprotein encoded by the Pdcd1lg1 gene of the B7 family of the Ig superfamily. Pdcd1lg1 mRNA is expressed in more tissues than other members of the B7 family; transcripts are found in lymphoid tissues and many, but not all, non-lymphoid tissues. The protein has been detected at low levels on resting peripheral T and B lymphocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells. B7-H1 mRNA and protein expression are upregulated upon activation of T and B cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, and epidermal keratinocytes by a variety of stimulatory factors. B7-H1's receptor, PD-1, contains an ITIM (Immunoreceptor Tyrosine-based Inhibitory Motif) on its intracytoplasmic region and is expressed on activated B and T lymphocytes, suggesting that B7-H1-PD-1 interaction may be involved in the negative regulation of immune responses. The second PD-1 ligand, B7-DC (PD-L2), is also a member of the B7 family of the Ig superfamily. Furthermore, B7-H1 may participate in positive immunoregulation, or costimulation of T cells, through an additional receptor, which is not PD-1 and distinct from the alternate receptor for B7-DC. The MIH5 antibody blocks the binding of PD-1-Ig to B7-H1 transfectants.
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.