Alexa Fluor® 488 Rat Anti-Mouse CD125
Clone T21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il5r; Il5ra; IL-5RA; IL-5Rα; IL-5R-alpha; IL-5R subunit alpha
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse T88-M Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The T21 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD125 which is also known as the alpha subunit of the IL-5 Receptor (IL5RA/IL-5Rα). CD125 is a type I transmembrane protein that belongs to the hemopoietin receptor and Ig gene superfamilies. It is expressed on B cells and eosinophils. CD125 associates with the Common β chain (βc/Bc) subunit, also known as CD131, to form the functional IL-5 Receptor complex. Mouse IL-5 belongs to the hematopoietic growth factor family of cytokines and promotes the growth and differentiation of B cells and eosinophils. Upon binding, the T21 antibody blocks IL-5 binding to its receptor and can inhibit IL-5 induced B-cell proliferation and antibody production.
Alexa Fluor® conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of FITC. However, Alexa Fluor® 488 tends to be brighter and more optimal for intracellular applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. Alexa Fluor® 488 exhibits extraordinary photostability, which makes it highly suitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 488 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Alexa Fluor® 488 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC).
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
Flow cytometry: For staining of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that the cells be pre-incubated with Purified Rat Anti-Mouse CD16/CD32 (Mouse BD Fc Block™) mAb, Clone 2.4G2 (MN 553141).