PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse Anti-Human CD138
Clone MI15 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Syndecan; SDC; Syndecan 1; SDC1; SYND1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human U266 and XG-1 Myeloma Cell Lines
- Workshop No. VI BP100, B005
- Entrez Gene ID 6382
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MI15 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD138 (Syndecan-1), an 85-92 kDa single chain transmembrane protein, which is strongly expressed on multiple-myeloma-derived cell lines and malignant plasma cell populations. It is also expressed on pre-B cells, immature B cells, and plasma cells, but not on mature circulating B-lymphocytes. Syndecan-1 is a member of the transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycans family. It is also expressed on some non-hematopoietic cells, including embryonic mesenchymal cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial and neural cells. CD138 binds to many extracellular matrix proteins through its heparan sulfate side-chains, like fibronectin, collagen types I, III, and V, tenascin, thrombospondin, and antithrombin III. It is considered an extracellular matrix receptor that may serve as a co-receptor for fibroblast growth factor and related molecules. Monoclonal antibody MI15 blocks the binding of clone B-B4 but not clone DL-101 (other anti-syndecan-1 antibodies) by flow cytometric analysis.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.