Purified Rat Anti-Mouse CD144
Clone 11D4.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cdh5; Cadherin-5; CADH5; VE-cadherin; Vascular endothelial cadherin; 7B4
- Concentration 125 µg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Mouse VE-Cadherin-Ig Fusion
- Workshop No. None
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, goat serum, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 11D4.1 antibody monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse CD144, also known as VE-cadherin. CD144 is a type I transmembrane protein and is a member of the cadherin superfamily. VE-cadherin is an endothelial cell-specific, homophilic adhesion molecule. It is concentrated at interendothelial cells contacts and is thought to be involved in the maintenance of cell layer integrity. In vitro and in vivo studies indicate that the 11D.4 mAb interferes with VE-cadherin-mediated intercellular adhesion.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- This antibody has been developed for the immunohistochemistry application. However, a routine immunohistochemistry test is not performed on every lot. Researchers are encouraged to titrate the reagent for optimal performance.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Immunohistochemistry: The 11D4.1 antibody (Cat. No. 550548) is recommended to test for immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections. The isotype control recommended for use with this antibody is purified rat IgG2a (Cat. No. 559073). For optimal indirect immunohistochemical staining, the 11D4.1 antibody should be titrated (1:10 to 1:50 dilution) and visualized via a three-step staining procedure in combination with biotinylated polyclonal anti-rat Ig (multiple adsorbed) (Cat. No. 559286) as the secondary antibody and Streptravidin-HRP (Cat. No. 550946) together with the DAB detection system (Cat. No. 550880). The clone 11D4.1 is not recommended for formalin-fixed paraffin embedded sections.